If there’s one thing that makes me get excited about winter, it’s truffles. I love their earthy smell, the umami hit they bring to a dish and the fact that a little goes a long way. I made this tagliatelle with truffle and walnut for Prahran Market.
125gm toasted walnuts
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup thickened cream
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
20 gm black truffle
240 gm tagliatelle pasta
- Set aside 1 tblsp walnut pieces. Place the rest of the walnuts along with the garlic, butter, and parsley into a food processor. Turn on and slowly add olive oil until a paste forms.
- Remove from food processor, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in cream.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to instructions. Drain and return to saucepan. Add walnut sauce and stir through over a low heat.
- Grate a little truffle into the pasta and stir through. Slice the remainder with a mandolin.
- Spoon your tagliatelle with walnut sauce and black truffle into serving bowls, top with remaining walnuts and truffle slices.