I love it when I get to work with brands that are fun, take a personal approach and have something that I think people will want more of – this site isn’t called Second Helping for no reason! The Local Drop ticks all of those boxes, and a few more, beautifully.
The Local Drop is a premium wine club that delivers a thoughtfully curated box of wine to you each month. They are a bit like having a personal sommelier or wine concierge, and who doesn’t want one of those? The wines come with handwritten notes that give you a hint of what lies in the bottle and could come from anywhere around the world. Over time they get to know your tastes and you’ll find yourself being introduced to some wines you’ve never heard of but wishing you’d discovered ages ago.
As they say, membership has its privileges, so here’s what else you can expect from your Wine Concierge. They will
- Source wines that match your palette
- Plan an event at your home or workplace
- Will invite you to our monthly exclusive private wine tastings bringing the world of wine to your doorstep.
- Give you access to hard to source, small yielding interesting wines that match your palette.
- Offer storage facilities and cellar management for your wine.
Want to know what the wines are like? Each week I will be sharing my thoughts about one of the wines from that month’s delivery.
Like to get up close and personal with the wines and the makers behind them? The Local Drop hosts intimate monthly tasting events for members in their East Brunswick Head Office. July’s “Meet The Winemaker” is with Gary Mills from Jamsheed. I’m a big fan of his Syrah and aromatic whites and can’t wait to meet him.